Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Houseboat Adventure


We're getting ready to take a houseboat trip on Lake Powell. We launch from Page, AZ and motor north. I'm a little nervous about being on a houseboat for 7 days. With 2 other couples. All the things I won't be able to do: morning walks, checking email,checking in with my exercise coach. We have to bring everything with us, because they don't plan on stopping at any marinas along the way. No cell service after the first hour. At least it's an easy trip in the way of clothes: all casual and swimwear. We bought water shoes that can also take easy hikes. DH is loading up with fishing gear, I'm loading up with books, knitting, journals. I'm bringing the yoga videos and Farkel dice. And the telescoping marshmallow forks. The scenery should be beautiful in a Grand Canyon/Red Rocks way, and they've promised me Rainbow Bridge. I know DH relaxes extremely well, but I don't know about the rest of us....Will update after the trip!

No comments: